- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed.
- Many patients have minimal discomfort following the procedure, however you may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- In RARE cases, patients have reported darker skin color, hardness, discrete nodules, freeze burn, enlargement of the treated area, hernia or worsening of existing hernia following the CoolSculpting procedure. Surgical intervention may be required to correct the enlargement or hernia.
- The suction pressure of a vacuum applicator may cause sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching. A surface applicator may cause sensations of pressure. You may experience intense cold, stinging, tingling, aching or cramping as the treatment begins. These sensations generally subside during treatment as the area becomes number. You may have dizziness, lightheaded, nausea, flushing, sweating, or fainting during or immediately after the treatment.
- The treated area may look or feel stiff after the procedure and transient blanching (temporary whitening of the skin) may occur. These are all normal reactions that typically resolve within a few minutes.
- Bruising, swelling, redness, cramping and pain can occur in the treated area and the treated area may appear red for one to two weeks after treatment. After submental area treatment, a feeling of fullness in the back of the throat may occur.
- You may feel a dulling of sensation in the treated area that can last for several weeks after the procedure. Prolonged swelling, itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, cramping, aching, bruising and/or skin sensitivity also have been reported.